I write all the time. Every day. Always have.
I don’t much care what I write about, so long as I write. That’s probably why, in addition to publishing a mystery novel and a business book, I’ve published several dozen magazine articles, a few short stories, a monthly newspaper column for 9 years, and hundreds of insurance education texts. Now, I focus on fiction.
- I studied violin, guitar, and piano at various times between 2nd grade and through high school; I’m now taking cello lessons (it’s a good thing I don’t need to support myself financially with these endeavors)
- The Big Apple appears on my birth certificate but I am not a fan of cities unless it’s the French Quarter in New Orleans; the best place I ever lived was in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana
- I’m the oldest of 4 siblings, the proud mother of 3 adult children, and Grammy to 4 of the most brilliant, sweet, adorable folks on this planet
- I’m an animal lover and adopted/rescued numerous dogs and cats during my lifetime; the current cast of characters includes:
- 16-year-old Murphy, a black cat who thinks he’s the alpha of the dog pack; he’s the sidekick and best buddy of
- Angus, a 5-year-old, 78-pound mixed breed from Louisiana, who someone mistakenly believed was a throw-away before he was 4 months old; he’s the little brother of
- Shayna, a 10-year-old, 13-pound poodle mix who someone mistakenly believed would make an excellent breeder; she now serves as supervisor of the boys and my writing assistant
- My hobbies include beachcombing, gardening, crocheting, and reading (big surprise, eh?)
- When my favorite color isn’t green, it’s red
- I brew tea in my coffee maker (I only do coffee with whiskey or as an ice cream flavor)
- My personal mantra: No matter how awful something is, there’s always an upside to it. Sometimes the positive just takes years to find.