Insuring cannabis businesses can be problematic. During the course of the past two years, I’ve written several new insurance continuing education (CE) online and webinar courses for my client, A.D. Banker & Company. One of the most recent webinars is Insuring Cannabis Risks.
The course is the brainchild of inquiries submitted by individuals who attended a free monthly webinar I co-host with A.D. Banker vice president, Pam Reihs. During each 1-hour Insurance Trends Webinar, Pam and I talk about insurance topics of current relevancy. How to insure cannabis businesses is always at the top of the list. Questions we often receive are:
- Why isn’t cannabis/marijuana legal in all the states?
- In what states IS marijuana legal?
- What about hemp, that’s legal, isn’t it?
- Why is it so hard for cannabis businesses to establish relationships with banks and credit card companies?
- What insurance companies write insurance for cannabis businesses?
The insurance CE webinar answers these and other questions for licensed insurance professionals. I recently wrote two blog posts for A.D. Banker that summarizes the most important information contained in the course. So, for you insurance and non-insurance people alike, feel free to visit those blog posts:
- Insuring Cannabis Risks: Overview (Part 1)
- Insuring Cannabis Risks: Banking and Policy Coverage Issues (Part 2)
Check back as I provide ongoing updates about this evolving insurance marketplace. To register for the insurance CE webinar, click here. You can find my insurance webinar schedule here.