During the course of the past two years, I’ve written several new insurance continuing education (CE) online and webinar courses for my client, A.D. Banker & Company. One of the most recent webinars is Insuring Cannabis Risks.
The course is the brainchild of the collective inquiries submitted by individuals who attended a free monthly webinar I co-host with A.D. Banker vice president, Pam Reihs. During each 1-hour Insurance Trends Webinar, Pam and I talk about insurance topics of current relevancy … and how to insure cannabis business is always at the top of the list. Questions we often receive are:
- Why isn’t cannabis/marijuana legal in all the states?
- In what states IS marijuana legal?
- What about hemp, that’s legal, isn’t it?
- Why is it so hard for cannabis businesses to establish relationships with banks and credit card companies?
- What insurance companies write insurance for cannabis businesses?
The insurance CE webinar answers these and other questions for licensed insurance professionals. I recently wrote two blog posts for A.D. Banker that summarizes the most important information contained in the course. So, for you insurance and non-insurance people alike, feel free to visit those blog posts:
- Insuring Cannabis Risks: Overview (Part 1)
- Insuring Cannabis Risks: Banking and Policy Coverage Issues (Part 2)
Check back as I provide ongoing updates about this evolving insurance marketplace. To register for the insurance CE webinar, click here.